On this blog, I see myself as a facilitator of an online meeting space. As such, I encourage healthy conversations about the topics I post. Want to respectfully disagree? Please do so! However, as a conscientious facilitator, I’d like to establish basic rules so that everyone—from all perspectives—feels comfortable sharing their insights. If you comment on this site, you agree to the following rules:
1. Feel free to comment without registering. You can log in, but you don’t have to.
2. You may comment as a guest, meaning you do not have to register to comment. While I don’t recommend this (please, let’s encourage an open and transparent discussion!), you can comment anonymously.
3. Please comment on the topic at hand. No one likes attending a meeting where the conversation strays off-topic. It defeats the purpose of the meeting in the first place.
4. Please ask questions in the comments box! This is a great way for me provide an answer publicly. If you have a question, chances are the others have the same question.
5. You may respectfully disagree. Constructive criticism allows for an enriching discussion. However, please do so in a polite, respectful manner so that the conversation can continue in a healthy way.
6. I have the right to delete your comment(s). Because I own this online space, I do not have to publish your comments. Therefore, I will delete your comments if, in my sole opinion, they are: rude, irrelevant, disrespectful, libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, illegal,violates/encourages others to violate my sense of professionalism or any law, including intellectual property laws, or “spam”—advertising, soliciting, or otherwise promoting goods and/or services.
7. You may post a link to your website. However, if your post is “spam,” I will delete it (see #6).
8. You own the comments you post. I do not own your comments and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By posting comments on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here, and you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
9. By commenting, you grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to my website, in a book, a video, or a presentation.
I hope that these rules will create an online environment that encourages enriching, respectful conversation.